Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Pre-Assessment Iceberg

I mentioned the Pre-Assessment Iceberg in the November Case Study Students entry on this blog. The Pre-Assessment Iceberg is a FAS Coaching tool that is an excellent guide for thinking and sharing about a student in a very holistic way. I find the use of this tool to be helpful for me as a mentor, because it facilitates a discussion that will generate information about the focus students my mentee is choosing, as well as information about what my mentee knows and doesn't know about pre-assessing student strengths, language levels, academic performance, and learning needs.

If you have been coaching with NTSD for several years, it is possible that you have not yet been introduced to the Pre-Assessment Iceberg. It is a newer FAS tool. If you would like more information and guidance on how to use it, contact your NTSD liaison.

No comments:

Post a Comment